Relocating...

This Blog has moved to Pocketfulofwry.wordpress.com

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Clyburn takes the high road

Almost as if in response to my plea/comment on TPM -
Clyburn takes the high road - confirming he'll remain neutral in S.Carolina primary
(Not really, I know - but I can make believe as well as anyone, can't I?)

Here's my comment on TPM elaborating on my own post on this blog -
"If you look at HRC's white women base and BO's black male base HRC's base may seem larger, but this slicing and dicing and micro-trending may be self-defeating...

Obama, if smart could appeal to a much larger base of perhaps non-white men?

Or an even larger base of non-white people, men and women!

Do we want to go down that route as a country - oh leaders, lead us!"

In fact Clyburn's stance may be a double-edged sword - giving Clintons what they may have asked for, but fanning flames of black resentment a bit when he apparently denies them his voice as an overt channel for their frustration.

No comments: